I never, ever thought I’d be writing about mascara, but hey, here I am… because I finally found one that completely suits my lifestyle!
Up until six months ago, I had almost given up on the idea of wearing eye make up, unless there was a special occasion to attend. As an intuitive consultant, I tend to work with my eyes closed, focusing my attention upon the ‘screen’ of my mind, more often than not leaving me with blurry panda eyes. I tried other water, smudge and flake proof mascaras, only to be disappointed again and again; if it didn’t end up smeared below my lower lids, then irritating little flakes would find their way into my eyes… arghhh!
And at the start of summer, I took up kickboxing… quickly discovering that (bad) mascara loves to join forces with sweat… and then melt.
I considered having my eyelashes tinted, and using clear mascara, but the reviews weren’t fantastic, so I decided against it. But then, whilst Christmas shopping on Amazon one evening, I came across my Holy Grail of mascaras – and I paid almost £15 for it, something I had never done before (I considered £7.99 to be an extravagant amount to spend on make up!)! The reviews were largely complimentary and enthusiastic, and I was genuinely surprised to discover how many other women had been experiencing the same mascara related dramas… I was not alone, I was part of a huge, panda-eyed sisterhood!
Anyway, suffice to say, I now wear eye make up most days, and even though it may seem to be an incredibly first world problem (which it is), it has really given me a boost, creating a ripple effect through other areas of my life. I had my hair done, and despite the fact that I haven’t yet lost all of the weight I put on over the last 2 years, I bought a few new clothes (I would never buy clothes in the past, if I had weight to lose). It is amazing how one small, seemingly insignificant change can have such a positive impact, but it isn’t the first time that this has happened in my life… which is another story, for another day!
Anyway, here it is, the link to my little black, magic wand! At the time of writing this review, it has 94 customer reviews, with a 4 star rating. A small number of reviewers said they found it hard to apply or remove, but I definitely haven’t had those issues, so I can only speak for myself. I don’t have long eyelashes, unlike my youngest daughter, who often looks as if she is wearing fakes, and I can’t say that it really adds major length… BUT I have definitely found it to be easy to apply and remove, it looks good, and more importantly, it stays put… all day! If you purchase from the link below, I will receive a small payment from Amazon, but I am recommending this product because I seriously like it!
- No more panda eyes, this mascara will NOT run, smudge, flake, clump, melt or drip. The lashes are coated and tiny tubes form around each lash.
- Easily & quickly removed just with water and slight pressure from your fingertips, a washcloth, or the shower. Mascara “tubes” disintegrate or slide off lashes once the bond has been broken; no need for makeup remover or rubbing under-eye area to remove mascara residue, because there won’t be any!
- Want to open up your eyes? Tres Chic provides a natural look with a great curling and lifting effect. For added length and volume apply more layers – one eye and then the other and repeat to give the desired look.
- Made in the UK. Not tested on animals. Vegan friendly, but does currently contain a small amount of beeswax. Water resistant formula repels water, sweat and tears.
- Sensitive eyes? Great – as this does not flake, smudge or smear and and is quickly and easily removed with water, there is nothing to irritate!